This is such an easy recipe to make with kids, as simple as a packet mix but without all the added processed ingredients. Plus, you can change them up easily, add additions to create a whole new type of muffin.
It only takes 5 minutes to prepare the mixture and only 25 minutes to bake in the oven, making them a quick and easy snack to prepare with your child. I really love this recipe because you mix the dry ingredients and can then store the dry mix in a sealed container, to be used later (for up to 4 batches of muffins).
It makes around 12 normal sized muffins.
Ingredients for the dry mix:
- 6 cups of plain flour
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour (keeping those muffins a little healthier than store bought)
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 tbsp baking powder
Ingredients for the muffin mix:
- 2 ¾ cups of dry mix
- 1 cup of milk
- ¼ cup of oil
- 2 eggs
For the dry mix:
- In a very large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Store the muffin mix in a sealed container.
- This quantity of mix is enough to make approximately four batches of muffins.
To make muffins from the dry mix:
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius and grease or line a muffin pan.
- Put 2 ¾ cups of the dry mix into a bowl, make a well in the centre of the dry mix and add the oil and eggs, mixing them well.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients with the dry, adding the milk a little at a time as you go.
- Add any extra ingredients to flavour your muffins – choc chips, fruit, frozen berries, colours, sprinkles etc, and stir through well.
- Cook the muffins for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown on top
Add to the baking fun with these products!