Looking for a super easy and healthy lunchbox snack or afternoon treat for your kids? And not quite sure what to do with those overripe bananas that always seem to accumulate each week? Then look no further than these scrumptious easy to bake banana muffins!
Here’s what you’ll need to make roughly 12 muffins:
2 ripe bananas
100g butter (softened)
100g caster sugar (or less if you prefer)
225g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees / Gas mark 4
2. Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
3. Beat in the remaining ingredients using an electric mixer or wooden spoon, ensuring it is smooth in texture.
4. Lay out muffin or cupcake cases in a muffin tin. We especially love these gorgeous cupcake cases current available at Mumzworld!
5. Spoon the mixture into the cases.
6. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until the muffins are well risen and golden brown on top.
Once cooked, leave to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.