Popcorn is delicious, and the good news is that there is a variety of health benefits you can enjoy by indulging in this popular snack. To take advantage of all the health benefits of popcorn, we have gathered seven reasons to make it one of your family’s favourite snacks.
1. The delicious crunchy and quick-to-prepare snack is filled with high amounts of protein.
2. Did you know that popcorn has more iron than spinach and eggs?
3. Popcorn is the perfect snack for those watching their weight as it is low in calories, sugar-free, and fat-free. Naturally, this depends on how it’s prepared and whether it’s being eaten au naturel or with toppings.
4. The whole grain nature of popcorn means it is an excellent source of dietary fibre. Grains also have high contents of phenolic acid and antioxidants, also whole grains are easy on your digestive system.
5. Popcorn is far from boring. Flavour can be added making it spicy or sweet depending on the craving of the hour. Try sprinkling truffle oil on the batch reserved for the adults?
6. Popcorn is a great way to curb your appetite in between meals without breaking your diet when you feel like snacking.
7. Popcorn is gluten-free, which means it can be used as a substitute to make breadcrumbs if you have gluten intolerance.