It doesn’t often happen here in the UAE, so when it does it’s normal to feel stumped to how to entertain the kids indoors, so here are a few quick fun ideas you can try today!
Don’t stay indoors!
While we are not advocating entering out to a storm, a bit of rain never hurt anyone and children from toddlers to teens love to get outside to explore, jump in puddles, and play in the mud. Engage their senses, practice gross motor and fine motor skills, study nature, and so much more.
Ignite the senses, super fast. Made in less than 5 minutes lovely and squishy and cuts perfectly with cookie cutters.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil (coconut oil works too)
- Food colouring, optional
- Quart sized bags
- Combine the flour, salt and cream of tartar in a large pot.
- Add the water and oil – you can add the colour now if you are adding.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue stirring until the dough has thickened and begins to form into a ball.
- Remove from heat and then place on waxed paper.
- Let it cool slightly and then knead until smooth.
- Once it’s all mixed together, you’re ready to go!
Re-use and decorate!
Do you have an old Mumzworld box laying around? Get the kids busy by letting them use their imagination to turn it into something, paint, paper, glue, glitter galore! They might surprise you with what they can come up with.
Other articles you might be interested in: