Are you experiencing low energy level, brain fog, headaches, fatigue and digestive issues like bloating, gas and constipation? Did you know that our digestive function links what we eat to our overall health? Are you aware that a healthy digestion is key to a healthy lifestyle?
There are things that we do every day without noticing that they might be the cause of the symptoms above; these things affect our digestive processes.
– Eating while working, eating on the way or arguing while eating.
– Not chewing food well.
– Drinking too much coffee.
These things will damage the digestive lining, so when we eat, there will be no protection of mucus lining which lines the whole digestive tract. This will add the feeling of burning and discomfort as food goes down.
Leaky gut is when the space between absorptive cells in the gut has been damaged, so, undigested food particles and toxins from bacteria gets into the bloodstream. You might have a leaky gut if you suffer from gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, joint ache, headaches and fatigue.
Solutions for a leaky gut:
Again you need to look into your diet and eating habits. Try to calm down for a minute before starting your meal.
Choose food for nourishment rather than entertainment.
Choosing healthy foods can be delicious. An ice cream once in a while won’t kill anyone, but the repetition of having sugary foods can increase the likelihood of developing diabetes, cancer, heart diseases and obesity. Processed and sugary foods are also very low in nutrient density which may lead you to consume too many calories, and the body is asking for more because it is still hungry for vitamins and minerals which are not available in these foods.
Pick the right food to regulate blood glucose and heal digestion:
- 1. Eat more green leafy vegetables. They have a vast array of antioxidants and phytochemical benefits. They have high healing capacity to the digestive lining, efficient, good tasting, and balance blood glucose and thyroid gland.
- 2. Try chia seeds. They’re rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, proteins and minerals
- 3. Go for nuts, seeds, and avocados. That’s because they’re Filled with essential fats we need. This kind of fat is not available in butter, margarine and processed foods which contribute to heart diseases.
Distinguish between craving and intuition.
You need to detoxify your body by eating whole foods and eliminating highly processed foods to know what your body really needs.
Various habits over the years affect our gut health; these can be turned around quickly by shifting the way we eat. It can be very challenging because but the results, the benefits and the rewards can be phenomenal.
Dietitian Amal Samha – www.lomi-app.com
Brings health experts to your fingertips!
Other articles you might be interested in: