Children are known to say the darndest things, so much so they even made a television show about it. They also ask a lot of questions, questions which can be amusing, terrifying, and often thought-provoking. The most important thing is to keep children curious, keep them asking questions and essentially keep them talking to you.
When you answer their questions, you help keep your child’s mind open; you let them understand their imagination and continue to learn more. It also helps remind us that we should also keep asking questions; after all, it has been proven that children mirror the behaviour of their parents.
Here are some questions to keep those little ones talking!
- What makes you feel happy?
- If you could do anything right now, what would you do?
- Who is your favourite character, and why do you like them?
- If you had a shop, what would you sell?
- If you were a superhero, what would be your powers?
- When did you last feel brave?
- What makes you feel loved?
- If you had $100 to give to someone who would you give it to?
- How does it feel when you laugh?
- If you had a restaurant, what would be the menu?
- What is your funniest sound?
- If you had a treehouse, what would be inside?
- What makes you angry?
- If you had a pet unicorn or dragon, what would be their name?
- If you had to give everyone in the family new names, what would they be?
- If you could make the rules at home, what would they be?
Let your child take time; it will show them that you are interested in what they have to say. For us parents, it’s a perfect way to use our creativity and imagination!
Other articles you might be interested in: